Thursday 10 November 2011

Let the Dog See the Rabbit

OK. Why am I showing you Japanese stickers? Well when I got these (probably early 1990s, but might even have been in the 1980s), they were certainly very unusual. Now we've been overwhelmed by Japanese kawaii (cute) stuff, but back then it was pretty weird to see in the UK. They belong to that era of trendy Japanese T-shirts with random English phrases on them. ("Cool Beer Dynamo Orange!" "Happy Peace Flower Strawberry!")

These stickers are still weird, though. It says they're for children, but... A dog has a date with a rabbit. They go to the beach, the dog tries to take a photo of the rabbit getting changed (I think?) They drink beer and wine, and smoke. They dance and kiss, and the dog drives the rabbit home.
(If you want to see for yourself, click on the image to see it large size).

I just unearthed these from a box, and they made me laugh, so I decided to share. Bit late in posting today - I hope I haven't kept you waiting! I'm still having lots of fun with this blog, and I don't think I'm in any danger of running out of odd things, so I hope you're still enjoying it too! Many thanks for the comments - it's great to know there are some people out there who share my appreciation of the weird and wonderful!

1 comment:

Jane Housham said...

Oh dear, they seem to have emotional 'issues'