Thursday 1 December 2011

Advent Calendars

OK, my loyal blog followers, I apologise that this is a bit of a rerun, as I am featuring the truly awful advent calendar I got last year, and showed you on my other blog. But it is 1st December, and I have some slightly different photos in order to demonstrate the depths to which modern manufacture can plummet. So, let's experience painfully bad drawing again. What are those brown creatures on the right in the pic below? Cats? Squirrels?
The girl/elf in green...words fail me. Why does the woodwork of the clock apparently bulge out in random shapes? Why is there a Christmas Frog? And who or what is the strange figure in blue hiding in the pic below? 
And now another advent calendar, which is not curious because of its design (which is super-cute), but because I found it at a car boot sale last year. It was in a box with various greeting cards, and it's the first time I've ever found a vintage advent calendar at a car boot sale. And do I know it's vintage? Well, yes, because I had this advent calendar as a child. The picture is warmly ensconced in my memory, and it was such a delight to see it again! What are the chances?
Hope you're all enjoying your own advent calendars!

2 comments:

Christine said...

please, please, please try and get a paid job writing a column for a magazine or newspaper.......you are so good at it! They don't know what they're missing. x x

Sue Brown said...

I agree with Christine, I love your discriptions. I see what you mean about the first calender and was amused by it last year, but this year I noticed the Father Christmas assuming a yoga position. Happy Advent. X