Wednesday 13 June 2012

Rebel With a Cause

I have recently been unearthing some of my collection of book covers. Yes, just the covers, not the books. In my youth, I routinely just ripped off the cover, if I liked the graphics. To be honest, most of the books were themselves were not great, anyhow.

So I can't really comment on the content of 'Rebel With a Cause - A Teenage Edition of Mark from Living Gospels'. But really, I think the cover tells you what you need to know. Have you ever seen less rebellious looking teenagers? Look at that one in the waistcoat! Sixteen, going on forty-five. And the guy bottom right makes me think of Al Pacino in The Godfather.

It seems like the 1960s God Squad just appropriated the word 'Rebel', in the hope of attracting young people. "Hey, we're rebels, because we're not rebelling!". Yeah, that one's never rung true.
The back cover has a weird arrangement of more square teens in a variety of poses.

No comments: