Tuesday 1 May 2012

As Recommended by a Doctor

Yes, you read it right - it's cola flavour toothpaste! And in case you're not sure whether that's a good idea, the whole thing is given an air of medical authority by the character on the tube  - Dr Mopp.

It doesn't sound like the best taste for toothpaste, but I guess it was meant to tempt children. Perhaps now they might have chicken nugget flavour?

I was very fond of Camberwick Green when I was little, and I can actually remember this toothpaste. Mainly I remember wanting it all the time, and not getting it. I think my mum eventually humoured me and I got it just the once. My memory is that it was strawberry flavour. This may have been the case, as it appears there were various flavours and lots of characters on the tubes. Take a look here.
 
The illustration style on the packet is lovely, too, isn't it?

2 comments:

Jane Housham said...

How lovely that this has survived, and with the packaging too. I wonder if there's any toothpaste in the tube... Wouldn't want to try it if there there is!

Murgatroyd said...

I have the same memory as you - allowed a tube of this just once as a treat & it was indeed strawberry flavoured. Wow, had completely forgotten about that. I was totally sucked in by the packaging as a child (and I still would be today)...