Tuesday 15 May 2012

Stratosphere Soda

Today's object is a fine piece of Las Vegas kitsch from the wonderful Stratosphere Hotel. As you can see, the most notable thing about the Stratosphere is the amazing tower. I love looking at the view from high places, and I think the observation deck at the top was my favourite place in Las Vegas.

Being Las Vegas, there is rather more than just an observation deck - there are thrill rides too, including a roller coaster called Big Shot that goes around the top of the tower.

And here we see that ride recreated in the form of a plastic drink straw...

Yes, you can get your Coca-Cola in an enormous plastic container shaped like the Stratosphere Tower! Completely bonkers and totally marvellous. I think there should be more drink containers in the shape of famous landmarks.

Although, come to think of it, I do already have a bottle of absinthe in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. Oh dear, I'd better not start another collection...

1 comment:

menopausalmusing said...

You have some pretty wonderful "stuff" Elaine...... and never fail to come up with something different.

Regarding absinthe: it fascinates me, I spent ages a while ago looking at the sort of ceremony with which it is drunk and looking at Google images of absinthe spoons etc..........